Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Alright to Say It... As Long As You Don't Really Think So

I'll try to make this one as reasonable as possible.

I'm on the strangest sleep schedule of my life. I basically interchange between sleeping and school work every 12 hours. Okay, it's more like 14 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work, 2 hours of eating and Football Manager Live. And it's always real random times. Lately I've been sleeping the entire daytime, waking up at like 11pm and starting then starting my awake cycle then. Overall, it's pretty messed up. I don't really know how to get out of it. And it's kind of bothering me.

And the strangest part is that at no time in the last 5 days have I decided to go to sleep. I just sort of pass out on the couch randomly (usually at the beginning of a Knicks game replay or during Mike and Mike in the Morning). I'm not sure that's its entirely healthy that I haven't slept in a bed in like a week. Actually, I know its not unhealthy, but it feels so.

Actually yesterday was a funny one. I fell asleep at about noon... and I wake up on the couch and all the lights are on and Shawny is playing Call of Duty 4 as usual. So I start to look around all befuddled, trying to decide what time it was. Not only that, but what freakin' day it was! I really had no clue. So I had an idea of what time it was when I went to sleep, so I started to do the math from there. I figured it could've been any time 48 hours after I went to sleep. But here's the weird part. I also accounted that it may have been 12 hours BEFORE I went to sleep. That's right, somehow in my brain I had convinced myself that I may have traveled backwards in time during my sleep. Yeah. My sleep is so messed up that I now wake up believing that I am capable of time travel.

So I got in my car today around 11am today to go renew my liscense due to it being expired in TWO DAYS. And the sun was out, and I was absolutely thrilled. Again, this was another case of me having ridiculously low expectations for the weather here. Because to a bystander, or two anyone who hasn't spent their entire lifetime in this shit weather... well, it would've just looked like shit. The roadways looked like an abysmal tundra of salty ash. The trees are still as dead and wilted as can possibly be. Yet, because there was a slightly glare on my windshield as I was driving the 290, I smiled a little bit. I guess that's the advantage to having any sort of expectations in life stolen from you by perpetually dreadful conditions.

And that was my happy story for the day. Sorry if it doesn't read well... kinda tired. Onto more work.

-Jay


Days Until I'm 21 Counter: 2

No comments: