Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Can't Go Onnn

I figured I'd do something fun here. Here is a list of my 10 Biggest Guilty Pleasure songs ever... songs that I'm ashamed to admit that I love.

10. Sisqo - The Thong Song: Okay, so everyone knows I love this song. And to my credit, the video is a modern masterpiece. Sisqo has to get credit for the fact that he created the most intense song ever about women's lingerie. I really appreciate anyone who clearly has a passion for something... no matter what it may be.

9. Paramore - That's What You Get: Yes, I make fun of bands like Paramore all the time. Song's catchy, the singer is cute, and I've rocked out "Misery Business" on Guitar Hero at least a thousand times.

8. The Ronettes - Be My Baby: The only retro pick on the list. Yes, a classic song. No, completely not heterosexual for me to thoroughly enjoy it.

7. Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle: Because you have to rub me the right way.

6. Lil Kim feat. 50 Cent - Magic Stick: Speaking of that.. er... haha. Bad joke. Anyways, I hate 50 Cent, it's true. I say it all the time. It's completely inexplicable for me to enjoy this song but hate countless other songs by Mr. Jackson.

5. Mariah Carey - Fantasy: Okay, maybe I've already come out of the closet with my enjoyment (and emfatuation) of Mariah a thousand times. I guess it probably still deserves to be on the list.

4. Limp Bizkit - N2Gether Now: On the list purely because it's Limp Bizkit. Doesn't change the fact that DJ Premier wasted on of his greatest beats on Fred Durst. Literally, if it was the same exact song and had somebody else's name on it, this would be considered a rap classic.

3. N'Sync - Tearin' Up My Heart: No secret here, if you text me, this is the song I hear.

2. Taylor Swift - Love Story: I probably shouldn't even be allowed to explain myself here. But to my credit, if you ask ten heterosexual dudes if they like this song, two or three of them will begrudgingly start singing "We were both young when I first sarr youuu...". Try it.

1. Enrique Iglesias - Be With You: Yeah. One of my favorite songs ever. I have absolutely no excuse.


Time Until My Birthday Counter: 8 hours, 20 minutes

No comments: